Wednesday, June 4, 2008

So I pretty much suck at life...

This morning has gotten off to a rotten start. For the past few days I've been doing yoga every morning. That, paired with a cup of coffee, makes for an amazing start to my day. I made the mistake of scratching yoga out of my morning routine today, and instead, spent an extra 30 minutes getting ready. We have a meeting with our "VIC" (very important clients) today, so I had to get all dolled up. Instead of just waiting to get to the office to eat my breakfast like I do every morning, I grabbed, of all things, watermelon. No clue what was going through my head. I think I was out of my mind. Literally. I don't remember thinking "hmmm...watermelon sounds good for breakfast.", and I don't usually grab anything to eat on my way out. I was running around like crazy, grabbing anything and everything so I didn't get to the meeting without the materials I needed, and when I jumped in my car...there it was...a bag of watermelon sitting neatly on top of my pile of work. Weird. Being the smart person I am, I decided to eat it on my way to the office. Did I mention I was wearing WHITE slacks? You know where this story is headed don't you? Again, out of my mind, I was singing at the top of my lungs, eating watermelon, and just not paying attention to a damn thing I was doing. The watermelon juice spilled all over the front of my slacks. So here I am, white slacks...and a pink-tinged stain...right on the crotch. My car is in desperate need of cleaning, thank God!, b/c I found a pair of shorts in the back floorboard. No, I'm not going to wear my shorts to the meeting. There is a dry cleaners right around the corner from my office, so I figure I can just take them there since going home to change isn't an option. But really, what in the world are they going to think when I walk in wearing my dress shirt, spandex shorts, and high heels? I know what I'd be thinking! What to do, what to do...

So I've come to a few conclusions:
1) I suck at life.
2) I should stick to wearing black...and only black.
3) Spandex...so wrong I just don't even know where to begin.
4) After this is all over with, I really should figure out who's shorts these are...and why they're in my car.

No comments: