Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Learning to pray...

A couple of months ago Jaxon and I were going through his books, and found his children's Bible story book. He immediately became fascinated with it. We had never read it, in fact, I forgot we even had it. He surprised me by saying "Mommy! This is my God book!". From that day on, he toted that little book around EVERYWHERE. At some point during that time my mom decided it would be a good idea to bring up possibly taking a trip to the zoo next time she was in town. BIG mistake! Everyday, about 100 times a day, I heard "Mommy...when we goin' to da zoo?". One night we came in from work/daycare and he went to his room to get his Bible. He sat down, opened it, and began to "read". He came across the story of Noah's Ark, and he stopped dead in his tracks. He yelled "OH-MY-GOSH! MOMMYYYY! God had a zoo!!!". I laughed so hard I almost passed out!

Well, last night I read him a story out of his children's Bible. As we started to say our prayers I could just feel someone looking at me, so I lifted my head. Jaxon was looking at me with this concerned face. I asked him what was wrong, and he said "That's not how you pray.", and then he grabbed my hands and smacked them together. "You have to hold your hands!". Then he put his hands together and bowed his head. Is it any wonder why I love this kid so much?! I'm so lucky to have a little boy like him call me Mommy:)

No comments: