Saturday, May 17, 2008

Just thought I'd clear a few things up...

I have been asked a few questions, repeatedly, so I thought I'd clear things up...just in case anyone else is wondering:)

1.) No, I don't have to have sex with any one's husband. I will undergo IVF. IVF is a technique in which egg cells are fertilized by sperm outside of the womb. The fertilized egg will then be transferred to my uterus. Wa-la!

2.) No, the baby will not be biologically mine. I am a gestational carrier. The only thing I'm providing is the womb.

3.) No, if there's more than one baby I will not get to keep one. I have no idea where this came from, but I've been asked this by more than one person. Weird. Who does that?! If I had twins of my own I wouldn't give one away, so Kelly & Brian won't be giving me one of theirs. That just doesn't make sense!

4.) No, a surrogate can't be "used" if someone is just trying to avoid weight gain or stretchmarks.

5.) Yes, I've been asked question #4.

6.) No, I'm not going to want to keep the baby if it's a girl. That would be like wanting to take one of my friend's kids b/c it's a girl. That's just creepy.

7.) No, it's not going to be hard for me to hand over the baby. If I thought for a second it would be, I wouldn't be doing this. There's a lot that goes into this process, including shots *shutter*. If I wanted a baby I'd just do it the fun way!

8.) No, I don't think Jaxon will get attached to the baby. It took him a few weeks to get "attached" to Ayden after we brought him home. I plan on involving him, and telling him from the beginning that I'm "growing a baby" for Kelly & Brian. That's what he called it when I was pregnant with Ayden:) He won't understand, but I really don't think he'll be disappointed when I don't bring a baby home. I think sometimes he wishes I'd send Ayden back to where he came from!

No comments: