Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Cruisin' the town...pickin' up men...

Dustin is going to kill me when he finds out what I just did. On my way home from work I saw a little old man next to a broken down car. I was at a red light, so I sat and watched him for a couple minutes. He had his little hankie out wiping his face. It made me sad, so I turned my car around and pulled up behind him. For some reason I grabbed 2 bottles of water from work...funny how things work out:) I gave him one and asked him if he wanted to come sit in my car b/c I had the air going, and it was like 90 degrees. Let me just say...he was the cutest little man I've ever seen. His name was Gordon...he'll be 80 next month...he's a war vet...and he was married for "53 wonderful years" before his wife passed away. We enjoyed a nice little conversation before his son showed up. Meeting that kind little stranger made my day. After I pulled away I started thinking about what COULD have happened. I had a flashback of that "sweet little old man" that decapitated those people not too long ago. Even sitting in court, right after he confessed, I still thought he was a sweet looking man. Now I can't believe I stopped! I'm one of the most "cautious" people to walk the planet...I attribute that to my obsession with shows like Forensic Files and The First 48. I know it was stupid on my part, but I would have wanted someone to do it for my grandpa. So, if you don't hear from me for a while, it's because Dustin has duct taped me to a wall for being a stupid little woman.
...or it's because I have picked up another "kind old man"...

That was a joke. I won't be doing that again. I promise.

1 comment:

Brittan said...

that story is sooo cute. i probably wouldn't have stopped but i'm so glad you did. i would have wanted someone to do that for my grandpa too. you're a sweetheart.