Friday, May 2, 2008

Let the journey begin!

Just yesterday I emailed my new surro buddy about how agonizing the wait to be matched has been. I then calculated in my head exactly how long I have been waiting, and I was astonished at what I came up with. One whole week! Have I mentioned patience isn't a virtue of mine? I had to laugh at myself for describing the wait as "agonizing" when it has only been a week:) Dustin and I actually got accepted to an agency at the very beginning of March. We didn't like the way things were (not) progressing, so we found a new agency. I applied Wednesday, April 23rd, and was accepted the very next day. I checked my email bright and early this morning...a new habit I've formed since signing up with the agency. Much to my surprise, I had an email with a profile attached! Could this be THE couple?! I sure hope so! They sound amazing, and their story is great! I will share more when I get the "okay" from them:) It just needs to be said...this is one of the best days of my life! Dustin is happy, but he's not "excited". He doesn't want to get his hopes up, and then something happen and us not be able to work with them. That's alright though...I'm excited enough for the both of us:)
On another note...Dustin and I are going on a date tomorrow night. I'm very excited! We don't get to go out much, just he and I, and it's long overdue. We're going out for a nice dinner, and to see "Baby Mama". Perfect timing, eh?!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay!! :)

I hope this is it. I can't wait to follow you through this.

Hope you enjoy your date. Love you!

Brittan said...

This is so cool! I'm so excited to read about your experience!

2MomZoo said...

Got you bookmarked =)Can't wait to see things get underway. You are amazing!! Remember that always.